Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Homies in prayer.


Something weird must be happening to me. I downloaded a hip hop song.

I so do not listen to hip hop. I am one of those people who never left the 90's rock era of mega bands like Pearl Jam and R.E.M. You know how you get stuck in a genre of music that later ceases to exist? That's me.

But I was watching this rock climbing video with an awesome soundtrack, including this hiphop song, and in gungho birthday style I downloaded it.

What do I find out? This band is a Christian rap band. How typical. About 100 years after everyone else, I decide I like hiphop, but I manage to unearth a christian group? No raping 'hos and shooting homies and flashing bling. We are talking finding a saviour. Who knew that such a thing existed?

I am the essence of uncool. But I don't care. I am a trend starter all the same. Uncool people, come to me, I will show you the way;.

If you happen to be interested in the song it is "Ooh Ahh" by Grits.


P.S The climbing video is shot in Rocklands, Cederberg, Western Cape. Only the best bouldering place ever. Man I miss the Cape right now.

No comments: