Pages

Monday 8 December 2008

Dirty laundry

You know life must be a bit unstable, a bit new and confusing, a bit overwhelming, when your taste in music takes a drastic turn.

My favourite music is gloomy, sad rock. It can be upbeat, so long as it is bittersweet. The type that will make you shed loads of tears into your beers. Pearl Jam is a good example.

But this past month or so, my ipod playlist has become a bit dubious to say the least.

My two most played songs are an indie track and a pop one. These are two genres I never listen to.

I think Editors "An end has a start" is the soundtrack to the movie which is my alternative life, the one that involves wrestling with crocodiles instead of test tubes. It sound like the soundtrack of someone edgy and interesting, someone who is about to go blow something up. You never know, with my track record, that could be me.

The other song I am almost too embarrassed to admit. But blogs are for overshare so bring it on.

Katy Perry's "Hot and Cold". There I said it. Please don't laugh. I hate pop and I freaking HATED her previous two songs. They were just abominable. But this one is kind of energetic, which I am not, and it seems to make me bouncy for a minute or two.




My energy levels and positive thoughts are flagging at the moment, and I am clinging to temporary fixes in the form of music. I am sure I will get back to normal and settle into being a rock chick once more.

There, I came clean. Does anyone have any dirty little music secrets that you wish to share?

(I realise that I have mentioned explosions and blowing stuff up quite frequently on this blog. I am sure I am popular with the CIA and such. Hiya! I swear I am speaking metaphorically. Does the CIA do metaphors? I actually have never blown anything up that I can recall. Set fire to stuff, sure. Please don't arrest me ok?)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That video was really good! The bride wearing her underwear, riding bikes, baseball-wielding bridesmaids, an inflatable hot dog...

Wow ... I've come over all psychedelic!

Unknown said...

I confess that I find most Britney songs very catchy!

ExMi said...

i dont have any music confessions, really. none i can think of anyway. sigh. starting work on the Big Po Reading today.

Anonymous said...

I happen to like Paris Hilton's Stars Are Blind. I like UB40, which she ripped for her backing track, but there's just something about that song that I like.

I have appalling taste in music, will listen to almost everything that holds my attention - David Hasselhoff or the Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam or KISS... anything goes (except boy bands, Celine Dion and Josh Groban)

SonnyVsDan said...

beat of my heart, hilary duff - embarrassing stuff.

you should unload your blog on someone (metaphorically), it always works for me. Take one of the things that is geting you down and just unload all your emotions, anger, frustration, tears, or just annoyance on that one thing and vent. it does wonders for the soul, especially when you don't really know why you are angry.

Anonymous said...

I love Pearl Jam. LOVE

I also have a few dodgy songs on my iPod.

No I'm not telling.

Okay fine, I totally have 'Poison' (alice cooper) on it.

Janine / Being Brazen said...

hmmm....my embarressing music likes...lets see...well, I dont mind katy Perry songs....

and since we are being honest I will admit I like some Hilary Duff songs too *blush*

Prixie said...

*clears throat and whispers*
ive been listening to phantom of the opera music non stop since i saw the play and movie...

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Bahahaha - it's no secret and yes, I'm proud...(don't mock) I am Britney's biggest fan....
Something that is highly embarrassing: I was going to marry the Hanson brothers when I was 14.
There. I said it.
*sob*

6000 said...

No.
I only like good music.

(and 30 seconds to mars)

6000 said...

Aww thanks "Blonde Blogshell" (if that is your real name)...

Now I've got sodding Mmmbop going round my head.

Anonymous said...

Test. (sorry)

po said...

ladyfi: you liked it! I dont know why I identify with angry brides on bicycles but hey.

kitty cat: that's right, let it all out. I am sure most people are closet Britney fans :)

ExMi: The big Po reading! Awesome. Your music taste is obviously just too cool.

Rox: the Hoffmeister! hehe. I have actually never heard a song by Paris Hilton, I avoid the radio these days. Thank goodness

sonnyvsdan: hilary, hmmm, thats a good confession. Yeah, I do offload on my blog, but not about work, too risky.

sleepy jane: that is not dodgy. that is awesome! I need to get that one

po said...

Being brazen: aha! another one! She is a weird one that Katy. I saw her at some music awards dressed as an apple.

Prixie: you would get along with my sister. She looooves musicals

blonde blogshell. Hanson. Oh i I had forgotton about those boys. I wish it could have remained that way ;)

6000: well I know you like muse so you must have good taste.
Oh and thanks, I had forgotton Hanson sang that stupid song, now YOU got it in my head!

Anonymous said...

Dirty music secrets you say?

I still listen to my old New Kids on the Block MP3's every now and then...there, I think that's dirty enough.

OMG...You got 6k admit he likes 30STM. Mwahahha.Legend!

Tamara said...

Did you guys ever hear of the Moffatts? They were four brothers who made corny pop tunes around the same time as Hansen. I found their album during the move and listened to it for the first time in about a decade. Hilarious stuff!

po said...

@goblin: NKoTB! hehehehehe. Those guys must be sooo old now.


Tamara: nope. never heard of them.

po said...

maybe i will look for them on youtube :)