I had this splendiferous post all lined up in my head, and then life went and got inconsiderately in the way.
Yes, it happens even to me. So instead I shall share something completely random with you on my favourite subject. Moi.
"Wally" is the nickname my best friend from school gave to me. For good reasons. So many good reasons that she gave me a "wally award" to commemorate my wallyish moments. It is laminated, with embarrassing photographs and everything. It is legend. It will go with me wherever I live.
I hope she doesn't mind if I share some of it with you. Here are some of the things for which I earned the award:
- Singing a certain song about lumps of squishy goo ("dough, a lump of squishy goo; Ray, a male's name, me; a very short pronoun; far, add "T" and get a rude word; sow, a thing to do with farming"... It was this song we sang.)
- Being a participant in a certain game called brush and koosh* (it involved a balancing a koosh on a hairbrush and racing around the house. Obviously.)
- Inventing an important dance: the Dinosuar waltz (sadly all my attempts at dancing look like a waltzing dinosaur.)
- looking like a complete wally in ALL photos (sad but very much true.)
- Having the ability to be sunburnt in the strangest parts of one's body (I will leave that up to your imaginations.)
- locking oneself out of ones room on numerous occasions and being involved in compromising situations as a result (uni, res, me locked out, waiting in the lobby, 2 amorous ladies could no longer contain themselves and started performing complicated manouevres upon one another on the floor, me trying my best to sneak out oh you get the picture.)
I had to leave some of the more obscure and embarrassing ones out. But once a freak, always a freak. And I was not on drugs I might add. All that was achieved without artificial enhancement.
Anyone else have a juicy wallyish moment to share?
* a pompom made of rubber. You know?