Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2010

My little blog is growing up!


I was having a pretty dismal Monday until I got an email from Briget of becausican.

If you didn't know, she won the Nerdies 2010 award, and much deserved! This is a South African award for the shecksiest blogger/tweeter spearheaded by by the blogger Shebee (who also runs Nerdmag) and it also donates to charity. This year they donated to the Wet Nose Foundation.

Anyway, Briget won some awesome prizes and she decided to give one of them to me! I am touched. She is giving me twelve month's hosting and domain registration by Eighty Six.

I must admit I am not entirely clued up to what this entails, but I assume there will be some changes around this little corner of the internet. This blog is nearly two years old so maybe it is time it took a step up the food chain.

Apparently the domain is a co.za one, which makes me feel a bit weird since I am not in
Dotcodotza land at the moment. But trust me, if my life plan goes according to... plan, I will be there, sometime in the forseeable foocha. Not that anything I have ever done has gone according to plan. But it has to now, it is written in the blog!

Thanks so much B, you definitely deserve your crown. And thanks Shebee for organising such a wonderful event, and thank you Eighty Six for your generous offer!

11 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Wow! Thats brilliant! Well done. I can't wait to see the changes. Be sure to let us know your new address.

Way To Go Bridget!!!

Cam said...

Looking forward to seeing the chnages Po.

Helen said...

congratulations! you get your OWN domain! That's superly-uber-cool!

and stuff.

hope you're feeling better!

LadyFi said...

Congratulations. Sounds good.. and technical... Hurray for you.

Tara said...

It's like I've been saying for months - B is the awesomenest. Next to you of course. And the other awesome people...

Anyway, can't wait to see how it goes for you. Growing up has it's pains but it's always a lot of fun :D

Mmakosa@Avon said...

That's awesome. Can't wait to see your baby grow older.

po said...

Thanks peeps!

Briget said...

;-) Its only my pleasure !!!

Thank you

unique FONT said...

looks nice.

Anonymous said...

Thats hawt news Po. dotCOza sounds fun. Imagine now people don't have to remember the whole dotBLOGSPOTdotCOM bit. life would do too shweet. :D

bntmsrya said...

Congratulations. Sounds good.