Pages

Tuesday 29 December 2009

work babble

I am pumping the crappy pop tunes at work right now. The whole building is deserted. Somehow this feels all wrong. But when today is finally over, then I get to go out in the freezing rain, pack, get on a plane, and bounce this place. Whoohoo! Off to the town of my birth. Apparently the weather is crappy there too, but nothing can be as bad as this.

Can't wait to be back in the armpit of humanity, ole Durbs. I hold Durban dear to my heart, not so much because I was born there, or for all the happy things that happened there, but because of all the pain, the sadness, the fury, the heartbreak, and the confusion that happened to me on that soil. Durban has held my blood, my tears, my deepest fears and my ugliest thoughts. The place is bonded to me by the soul strings and I may never live there ever again, but I will always return to visit, always.

Hide your niknaks people, the human vacuum will be in town.

I just pray they are gonna let me in the country, since my passport is full except for a few lonely pages. Please let me in!

*update* ok is this some kind of sick joke? The rain is turning to snow. I have been praying for snow for weeks, but loik, not when I have to drive down south, try and get to an airport and fly away. Noooo. But yay! So pretty.

Bugger.

13 comments:

NessWorld Magazine said...

Have a safe trip!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Prepare for hot humid weather with afternoon showers. have a great trip!

LadyFi said...

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Helen said...

Have a great time and travel safely! Enjoy the peppermint crisp, cheas naks and all the fantastic junk food we have here :)

po said...

Thanks for all your wishes guys, I hope you have a good 2010! I am chilling in Durbs, loving the fact that I don't have to wear a jersey. I feel naked! The Durbanites keep complaining about the terrible weather, but, um, I am loving it. Warm, but not too warm, anything is better than freezing my butt off. Now if it could somehow snow while being 28 degrees at the same time, I would be soooo happy :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a lovely time in the armpit of humidity (more like it)!

sass said...

we're on the same continent!!! i even made it down to durban for a first time visit right after xmas!haven't had time to stop by for a while, but it's a new year! hope to see lots more of you! happy new year po!

6000 said...

So they did let you in?

You're missing some lovely weather back in Blighty...

Enjoy your stay!

sarah said...

happy new year po-po!!

Anonymous said...

I dunno if you're back yet but I hope you enjoy/enjoyed your visit home.

I also hope you have a very happu new year. xx

Briget said...

I CANNOT believe you were in durbs and didnt say hi... :-(

Cam said...

WHERE ART PO???

Ches

po said...

B: oh man I am so sorry! There was no secure parking for a hired car in Durbs at my aunts place so we had to rely on her for lifts everywhere so it was a bit awkward getting around. But would have been cool to meet up :(