But you can give them to the birds and bees, I want money, doo doo doo doo, that's what I want..."
In my old and wiserly (is that a word? It is now) age I have come to some conclusions. Wisdom does descend along with gravity when one hits the age of 29.
I am a person who will NEVER know what they want. I have come to terms with this. It is all ok. However, I am starting to see one or two vague strands of insight into what it is I want in life.
And they are:
- Simplicity. I want a quiet, uncomplicated life. No drama. No turmoil. No unnecessary complications.
- Boredom. This may be another way of saying "I want a quiet, uncomplicated life. No drama etc" but I also actually enjoy being bored. I am not one who enjoys doing lots of stuff. Doing things is ok now and then but I am one for doing great loads of nothing. Doing stuff all the time exhausts me. Unfortunately BFG is a big time doer, so there has to be compromise.
- tranquility. This is another way of saying "I want a quiet, uncomplicated life. No drama etc"
- Introspection. I like to think. I need to think. Alot. People always say I think too much, that I should just get on with my life. Aha, but these people are doers. For me, thinking is getting on with my life because it is a very important part of my life. It is what I like to do. I don't think it holds me back from getting on with life, cos I am still living while I am thinking. The world needs thinkers as well as doers, yeah?
- A house. One day, maybe in the distant future, it would be nice to have one. For a specific reason; I want walls to paint. I am no artist, but I am obsessed with bright colours and patterns, and I keep fantasising about going mad and using the walls of a house as giant canvasses to turn into my personal art project. Unfortunately this requires money, as well as a country to call home.
- Financial security. To know that I will always be ok financially. Sadly this is entirely unachievable, but it would be great to have.
- A cat/hamster/giraffe. This all depends on the size of my future garden really. Oh I guess a garden would be nice too.
- Travelling. There is definitely a lot of the world that I still want to see.
- rollerskates, the moon, a new trombone... just thought I would throw these in there in case the wish fairy happened to stop by.
Unfortunately most of these wants are beyond my control. Fate, or God, or chance or entropy or Santa or whatever controls your future does not really care about what you want. Like for instance, drama has a way of finding people, even placid people like me. What can you do? You have to dance with her, the drama queen. There is no fighting her.
But this is what I want. I know this much.
What do you want, little blog people? Maybe some of you enjoy dancing with drama. Please, when she comes knocking at my door, can I send her your way?