Pages

Saturday 28 March 2009

Blog awards


We are all unique and special snowflakes. We are all winners; participation is the most important thing. There is no "I" in loser (hang on, that does not sound quite right...).

This is what I am trying to tell myself in preparation for the South African blog award thingy results next week. Sheesh, it feels like it is the bloody Oscars or something.

Yes there is stiff competition for these awards, even amongst those of us who qualify by default just because we left the country. I am coming to terms with the fact that I have very little hope of competing with some of the bloggy powerhouses out there. The South AFrican blogosphere is small but incredibly strong, and these awards do drive bloggers to excellence.

Actually, winning is very appealing but it also scares the crap out of me. In the end I try only entertain myself on this here blog. What if people stopped by to see why I won and found my little bloglet wanting? Nooooooooo, the pressure!

I have never been very good with the concept of winning, I think I subconsciously run away from success in the form that is acceptable in our society.

What a big baby, huh?

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to see how I would cope in the face of pressure, so I am going to cast my pride aside and ask that if you like my blog, please vote for me? Voting is open to the whole wide world, not just South Africans. Voting closes soon. Almost no one who exists outside of my computer knows about this blog so I can only ask you virtual folk to vote. With your virtual fingers. And virtual mice.

I honestly don't know what the point of winning would be, as I do this blogging thing merely as a lark. It must be my latent competitiveness kicking in. I wrote this blog for 6 months without a single reader other than me. I could do it again. I think. I hope. We shall see.


Thanksbye.


4 comments:

LadyFi said...

I've voted for you and they won't let me in again.

If you win, I'll send you a hamster!

Sass said...

Shhh...don't tell yourself this...but you deserve it.

Wait...DO tell yourself that. And believe it!

po said...

Thank you sweet people you are so kind. And just remember, you are unique and individual snowflakes :)

Anonymous said...

*click click* ;)